Bruno Dalla Chiara is full professor in the “Transport systems” academic field – including transport engineering, science and technology – at the Politecnico di Torino, Italy; he previously covered the role of associate professor from 2005 until 2019.
He holds a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, specialising in transport systems engineering and economics (1993), and a Ph.D. in Transport Engineering, specialising in Intelligent Transport Systems (1997).
He has been full-time Researcher in Transport Engineering at the Politecnico di Torino (1999- 2004). He holds, at the Politecnico di Torino, the subjects “Rail transport systems, urban transit and rope installations”, previously (until 2016) entitled “Engineering and operation of Transport Systems”, “Transport systems and outdoor logistics”, part of “Mobility”.
He is the author of several publications, mainly concerning the engineering and design of transport systems, rail, cable-driven and intermodal transport, technological innovation for transports systems and ITS.
He has been peer reviewer of papers for technical-scientific Journals and congresses since 2001. He is member of the Editorial Board of the scientific journal IET-ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) since 2008, associate editor since 2015.
He has been vice-director within the scientific committee of the review “Ingegneria Ferroviaria”, the main Italian review on railway transport, since 2004 until 2008, and belongs to the same committee. He is author of a textbook in English titled “Engineering and design of railway systems” (2007, 2010 and 2013), one in Italian on Intermodal transport (2009), one in Italian on transport systems and energy use (2017) and one in Italian on ITS.
prof. Bruno dalla Chiara, email@example.com
- Selected publications
- Dalla Chiara B., Pellicelli M., “On the cost of road-rail combined transport / Sul costo del trasporto combinato strada rotaia”, Ingegneria Ferroviaria, vol. LXVI, ISSN: 0020-0956. N. 11, pagg. 951-965, Nov. 2011
- Dalla Chiara B., Pellicelli M., De Bonis L., “The railway connections in the new Europe-Asia economic relationships / Le connessioni ferroviarie nelle nuove relazioni economiche Europa-Asia”, Ingegneria Ferroviaria, vol. LXVII, ISSN: 0020-0956. N. 3, pp. 249-271, Mar 2012
- Dalla Chiara B., Rose G., Special Issue: Energy Systems in Transport Systems and the Role of ITS, Editorial, IET Intelligent Transport Systems, Volume 9, Issue 5, p. 477 –478, DOI: 10.1049/iet-its.2015.0083
- Coviello N., Dalla Chiara B., Nelldal B-L, An assessment model of the single-track line carrying capacity: influence of the signalling system and application to the Trans-Mongolian railways / Un modello valutativo della potenzialità di linee a singolo binario: influenza del sistema di segnalamento ed applicazione alla ferrovia trans-mongolica”, Ingegneria Ferroviaria, vol. LXIX, ISSN: 0020-0956, N. 7-8, pp.627-651, July/Aug. 2014
- Affatato M., Blengini S., Dalla Chiara B., Vair E., Automated People Mover with rope traction: engineering and modelling an innovative hybrid solution to optimise energy use / Automated People Mover con trazione a fune: progettazione e modellizzazione di una soluzione ibrida innovativa finalizzata al risparmio energetico, Ingegneria Ferroviaria, vol. LXX, ISSN: 0020-0956. N. 11, pp. 901-923, Nov. 2015
- Dalla Chiara B., Cornaglia L.; Deflorio F., A macro-analysis of the evolution of motorised mobility and relationships with the development of motionless communication systems, IET Intelligent Transport Systems, 18 pp., DOI: 10.1049/iet-its.2016.0083 , Volume 10, Issue 9, November 2016, p. 613 – 621, Print ISSN 1751-956X, Online ISSN 1751-9578
- Affatato M., Blengini S., Dalla Chiara B., Vair E., Automated People Mover with rope traction: engineering and modelling an innovative hybrid solution to optimise energy use / Automated People Mover con trazione a fune: progettazione e modellizzazione di una soluzione ibrida innovativa finalizzata al risparmio energetico, Ingegneria Ferroviaria, vol. LXX, ISSN: 0020-0956. Numero 11, pp. 901-923, Novembre 2015